The Range of Library Services offered to Post-Primary Schools are:
- Class visits to your library branch, Your partner library branch will welcome class visits from your school to the library.
- A teacher’s card for every teacher in the school. This will enable them to borrow items for their class from the partnered library branch and also, if applicable, through the mobile library service.
- A presentation at the school on the library services for students and staff. Your local library service may also provide a presentation on the library services on request and at a time agreed with the school principal, at the local library branch where practicable, at your school to teachers, pupils or parents or virtually. Schools may be clustered together for this presentation by arrangement, where appropriate.
- A range of relevant library resources and services. These include the provision of reading and curriculum support materials, young adult collections and online learning resources.
- Study spaces for students will be available in your library branch where available, as well as access to wi-fi/internet.
- Research and project work. Your library branch will provide resources and assistance to students and teachers for school project work and research, either within the library branch or electronically, as available.
Wi -fi, printing and photocopying services are available to all students in branches. Age restrictions apply for children around access to public computers. Contact your local library for more information
The local studies department of your library service provides access, including online resource access, to a wide range of historical material about your local area, such as maps, photographs, documents and information.